Terms and Conditions
The term ‘ifamatch.com’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Quadrant Centre, Limes Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8DH. Our company registration number is 05899105, registered in England & Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC). The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. Furthermore the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has recently laid out its intention to continue with a similar level of regulation post March 2019.
What does this policy cover?
The policy below lays out in simple English how the GDPR and the current ePrivacy Directive (soon to be updated) applies to the way ifamatch.com handles your personal data and governs our processing of all personal data provided to us via the ifamatch.com website and other international websites and our and international offices. Our aim is to be responsible, relevant and secure when using your data.
ifamatch.com provides recruitment services and our expectation is that individuals registering with us are giving consent and wish to utilise the full range of services that we offer. If this is not your expectation, please do not register with us. Registering with us indicates that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of this policy.
Please take a moment to read through what information we collect about you, who we share it with and how they might use it.
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined below, please do not register with us or submit any personal data to us.
What is the purpose and legal basis of the processing?
- At ifamatch.com we will rely on your ‘consent’ to process personal data. This is defined by the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard of ‘consent’ as it’s legal basis for processing personal data
- GDPR defines consent as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’
- By registering with ifamatch.com you have accepted that you understand and accept this as a valid legal basis for processing your personal data
Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
The data controller is ifamatch.com. It is registered in the UK – Company Number 05899105.
The Data Controller’s representative is Christine Rose and you can contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ifamatch.com and its operating affiliates are registered as data controllers in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
What information will we collect? How will we use it?
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV). The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we consider may be suitable for you;
- To send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs;
- To enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
- To market our full range of recruitment services to you (permanent, temporary, contract, outplacement and recruitment process outsourcing services);
- To enable us to develop and market other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group companies websites when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
- To send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you;
- To answer your questions and enquiries;
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client have requested, such references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test;
- To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners.
- To regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
We may also pass your information, or allow access to such information, to the ifamatch.com group of companies, whose locations can be found at www.ifamatch.com in order that they may use your personal information in the same way as we process, use and disclose your information as described above.
Where will my information be held? Where will it be accessible from?
How do I find out what information you hold? Can I amend, modify or require my information to be deleted? Can I unsubscribe to your services?
You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us with respect to the above matters please email us at email@example.com
How long will you hold my information for?
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
Sending us information over the internet
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet.
How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our websites
We also collect information about the way jobseekers and visitors use this website in order to improve our services. We do not use information gained in this way in a way that any individual can be identified, and only use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc, for all the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us indentify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
A cookie is a small data file which is sent from a web server to a web browser when that browser visits the server’s site.
Cookies are used on our website to remember your login to track web traffic on an aggregate basis (i.e. no individuals are identified), to track campaigns and to keep session information such as your last search. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. However, switching off cookies will likely restrict your use of our website.
Links to other websites